Jazz History Lineage
- The "Chart" may be an
artistic (or flow chart) sketch (drawing) or may follow
an outline format.
- The student must consult at least 3
written and 10 listening resources.
- Covering the minimum requirements does
not constitute an "A"
- Original creative thought or
perspective may constitute the grounds for an
"A" if this is well supported by research.
- It is advisable to have someone else
examine your work prior to handing it in.
- The student should follow the historic
(jazz) lineage of their (primary) instrument through the
Specific things to include:
(This list is a starting place and not
necessarily all inclusive.)
- List each performer(s) (from each
period-roughly each decade); significant recording(s);
musical group(s); musical contribution(s); birth and
death dates; nickname(s).